These companies also offer some of the best auto insurance in Washington DC:
- Chubb, which bills female drivers about $ 2,009 per year and men about $ 2,209 per year
- State Farm, where men and women with blank records pay about $ 2,055 a year
The cheapest for drivers with previous accidents
Drivers with previous accidents pay about $ 3,294 per year for Washington DC auto insurance. But again, Geico offers these drivers a much lower rate. Its average annual premium for drivers with a single accident was only $ 2,296.
These insurers also list the best auto insurance companies in Washington DC for drivers with just one accident:
- State Farm, which charges these drivers about $ 2,458 per year for Washington DC auto insurance
- Chubb, where drivers with an accident have an average annual premium of $ 2,953
The cheapest for drivers who have already received speeding tickets
Drivers with a single speeding ticket pay about $ 2,806 per year for Washington DC auto insurance, but those who switch to Geico save about $ 1,200 per year. His customers with a speeding ticket pay only $ 1,602 per year.
These drivers also offer cheap auto insurance in Washington DC for drivers with a single speeding ticket:
- State Farm, where these drivers have an average annual premium of $ 2,256
- Chubb, which charges these drivers about $ 2,528 per year
The cheapest for young drivers
Teenage drivers have the highest auto insurance rates in Washington DC, with an average annual premium of around $ 7,907. Geico also offers affordable rates to these drivers, with the typical 18-year-old man with a clean criminal record paying around $ 4,012 per year.
These companies also offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Washington DC for teens:
- Chubb, where the 18-year-old guy pays $ 5,056 a year for auto insurance in Washington DC
- State Farm, where teens pay about $ 5,286 a year on average
The cheapest for senior drivers
Older drivers see Washington DC auto insurance rates well below average. The typical 65-year-old only pays $ 2,290 a year, but those who choose Geico can get the same coverage for an even better amount of $ 1,223 a year.
These insurers also offer affordable auto insurance in Washington DC to senior drivers:
- State Farm, where seniors pay about $ 1,896 a year for auto insurance in Washington DC
- Chubb, where the 65-year-old pays an average of $ 2,009 per year for auto insurance
The cheapest for drivers looking for minimum coverage
Cheap liability insurance in Washington DC will cost the average driver around $ 933 per year. But those who choose Chubb can get the same coverage for just $ 388 a year.
These insurers also have great deals on minimum auto insurance in Washington DC:
- Geico, where minimum coverage costs around $ 468 per year on average
- State Farm, where drivers can get minimum coverage for around $ 860 per year
The cheapest for drivers with poor credit
Geico once again stands out as the most affordable option for drivers with low credit. His average annual premium of $ 2,540 was well below the city’s average rate of $ 4,009 per year.
Drivers with bad credit can also take a look at these companies:
- Chubb, where the typical driver with bad credit pays $ 2,980 a year for auto insurance in Washington DC
- State Farm, which on average bills these drivers about $ 3,460 per year
Average cost of auto insurance in Washington DC compared to national average
How much does auto insurance cost in Washington DC? It depends on several factors, like the driver’s record, the make and model of the vehicle, the location in the city, etc. But generally, Washington DC drivers pay a little more than the national average. Here’s a closer look at how its rates compare to the rest of the country for several common driver profiles.