Maine auto insurance premiums are quite reasonable, but they vary a lot from company to company. Those looking for the cheapest car insurance in Maine can save time by focusing their search on the right insurers. Here are the ones with the most affordable rates for several common driver profiles.
- Ideal for typical drivers: GEICO
- Ideal for drivers with previous accidents: Concorde Insurance Group
- Ideal for drivers with speeding tickets: Concorde Insurance Group
- Ideal for young drivers: Concorde Insurance Group
- Ideal for senior drivers: GEICO
- Ideal for drivers looking for minimal coverage: GEICO
- Ideal for drivers with low credit: Concorde Insurance Group
Ideal for typical drivers
The average 35-year-old woman with a clean record pays $1,877 a year for car insurance in Maine, while the average man pays $1,926 a year. Both can save significantly by switching to GEICO. His average annual premium is only $714 for women and $692 for men.
These insurers also make the list of the best car insurance companies in Maine:
- Concord Group Insurance, which charges men $879 per year and women $798 per year on average
- Countryway Insurance, where the average annual premium is $1,192 for female drivers and $1,298 for male drivers
Ideal for drivers with previous accidents
Drivers with a history of accidents may consider Concord group insurance. Its average annual premium of $1,139 for drivers with a single accident is less than half the state average of $2,590 for such drivers.
These companies also offer some of the best auto insurance in Maine for drivers with accidents on their record:
- GEICO, where crashed drivers pay $1,263 a year for Maine auto insurance
- MMG Insurance, where these drivers pay around $1,471 per year
Ideal for drivers with speeding tickets
Concord Group Insurance also offers cheap auto insurance in Maine to drivers with speeding tickets. Those with a single speeding ticket pay just $1,013 with Concord, well below the state average of $2,434.
Drivers with speeding tickets can also find cheap car insurance quotes in Maine from these companies:
- GEICO, where drivers with a single speeding ticket pay around $1,202 per year
- MMG Insurance, where these drivers pay an average annual premium of $1,502
Ideal for young drivers
The average 18-year-old driver pays $5,634 for car insurance in Maine. But those who choose Concord Group Insurance only pay about $1,740 a year.
These companies also offer affordable car insurance in Maine for teens:
- GEICO, where the average 18-year-old driver pays about $2,388 per year
- Countryway Insurance, which charges teens about $2,541 a year on average for car insurance in Maine
Ideal for senior drivers
Seniors pay about $1,699 a year for auto insurance in Maine on average. But those who go with GEICO can cut more than $1,000 off that bill. GEICO only charges the average 65-year-old about $639 per year.
These companies also offer great deals on Maine auto insurance for seniors:
- Concord Group Insurance, where seniors pay about $807 per year
- Travelers, which charges 65-year-old drivers about $1,063 a year
Ideal for drivers looking for minimal coverage
Maine’s minimum auto insurance costs drivers about $643 per year. Not bad, but those looking for the best possible deal should check out GEICO. It offers this coverage for only $258 per year.
Drivers can also find inexpensive liability insurance in Maine from these companies:
- Concord Insurance, where the minimum auto insurance in Maine is $355 per year
- Patriot Insurance, which charges drivers $374 per year for state minimum coverage
Ideal for drivers with bad credit
Bad credit raises the average Maine auto insurance premium to $3,374 per year. Again, Concord Group Insurance is able to offer these drivers a much lower rate. His average annual bonus for this group is just $1,188.
Drivers with poor credit can also find affordable car insurance in Maine from these companies:
- GEICO, which charges these drivers about $1,282 per year
- Countryway Insurance, where drivers with bad credit pay around $1,851 a year
Average cost of car insurance in Maine compared to the national average
How much does car insurance cost in Maine? It depends on the driver’s age, driving record, vehicle make and model, credit score, etc.
But generally, Maine auto insurance rates are pretty close to the national average, except for those with an accident on their record. These drivers tend to pay lower than average rates. Here’s a look at how Maine’s average car insurance rates for many of the driver profiles above compare to the rest of the country.