The new Direct Connection performance parts catalog will be available as a downloadable e-catalog at Dodge.com/dodge-muscle or it can be ordered as an actual printed catalog. It will contain parts and pricing information for the new Direct Connection range. Most of the catalog is devoted to Modern Performance parts available for the new Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT models. However, the catalog will also contain information on Crate engines and Vintage Muscle parts. According to Dodge, the five different crate engines “allow customers to turn any pre-1976 classic vehicle into a beast on the Strip.”
Direct Connect Crate Motors
As part of the direct connection, Dodge will offer five popular existing crate engines. The various HEMI engines will provide between 383 horsepower and 1000 horsepower. It is up to the customer to decide what best suits their lifestyle and needs.
Dodge’s Five HEMI Performance Crate Engines
- 345-Crate HEMI Engine The 5.7L HEMI engine develops 383 horsepower and 417 lb-ft. of torque.
- 392 Crate HEMI Engine 6.4L HEMI reaches 485 horsepower and 475 lb-ft. of torque.
- 6.2L Hellcrate Supercharged HEMI Engine The 6.2L supercharged HEMI engine develops 717 horsepower and 656 lb-ft. of torque.
- 6.2L Supercharged Hellcrate Redeye 6.2L HEMI supercharged high-output HEMI engine reaches 807 horsepower and 717 lb-ft. of torque.
- Hellephant 426 cu.-in. 426 cu.-in. supercharged HEMI crate engine The supercharged HEMI “beast” boasts 1,000 horsepower and 950 lb-ft. of torque. The Hellephant is obviously the elephant in the room. It will be hard for any potential racer not to consider buying one. However, the decision to buy one depends on whether it will fit your race car and whether it is legal in the category you hope to race in.
According to Dodge, “Direct Connection crate motors will carry a three-year/100,000-mile warranty on parts (Crate Motor Controller Kit must be purchased on same invoice and proof of installation on motor for Parts and labor are covered under warranty for Direct Connection performance kits and most Direct Connection crate motors, when installed by an authorized dealer.
Performance experts at your fingertips
Whether you’re looking to outfit a new vehicle or a classic with race-ready performance parts, Dodge has experts on hand to help. The Direction Connection hotline will provide customers with technical assistance directly from performance experts over the toll-free telephone at (800) 998-1110. The hotline will be available six days a week: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET; and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. Experts will provide technical advice on performance parts installation, technical and maintenance issues, motorsport programs, crate engines and restoration performance.
Dodge Power Brokers Dealer Network
The new Dodge Power Brokers program will serve as the exclusive source for all new Direct Connection performance parts. Staff will be specially trained to deliver a performance-driven customer service experience. A complete list of Dodge Power Brokers should be available by March 2022 on Dodge.com. Dodge Power Brokers dealership personnel will have the knowledge to guide customers through the performance features of Dodge vehicles and the direct connection upgrades available. It’s unclear at this point if the Power Brokers would be able to install a crate engine in a classic vehicle, or if the staff will only focus on newer vehicles. No matter who installs the crate engine, it should be a remarkable upgrade on the track!
Follow Mary Conway on @maryconwaymedia and send him automotive news tips for future stories.