Skip to main content

EXPECT many stunning cars on display at the Isle of Wight International Charity Classic Car Extravaganza next month.

There will be vehicles from all eras at the show on September 11 and 12, from cars your grandparents or mom and dad drove, to more modern custom cars.

Scroll through our photo gallery above to see more …

Dave Newman will bring his 1937 Rover 10, which he bought in 2005.

He said: “It was already a hot rod and I decided to update and restore it – still like a hot rod.”

Dave Newman’s 1937 Rover 10 in hot rod form.

It is fitted with a Daimler Majestic Major engine suitable for a Jaguar / Range Rover / BMW hybrid automatic transmission overdrive with a Volvo rear axle, as well as a Vauxhall Firenze front suspension with upgraded springs and brakes.

The engine is fitted with four Stromberg 97 carburettors on a homemade manifold and linkage.

Graham Fawcett and Joann Rothera from West Yorkshire first visited the show in 2019 and they plan to return this year.

They own two interesting cars – a 1954 Chevrolet 3100 and a 1984 p100 pickup truck – but they have not yet decided which vehicle they will bring.

Isle of Wight County Press: 1954 Graham Fawcett Chevrolet 3100.

The 1954 Chevrolet 3100.

Alix Stella also intends to exhibit in the extravagance this year.

Alix has owned a first-generation 1967 Dodge Charger Fastback for the past six years and will bring it to the show.

Richard Guy plans to visit the show with his pair of 1954 Sunbeam Alpine and many other car owners look forward to participating in the extravagance.

This year’s event will mark 20 years since the start of the show and during that time it has raised thousands of pounds for charities on the island.

Extravagance will once again support the Isle of Wight and Mountbatten Roundtable.

The 2021 show is scheduled to take place on September 11-12 and the major change this year is that the cars will be at Ryde Esplanade on both days – considering the Isle of Wight festival will be moving to Newport at the same time. . time, ready for opening the following week.

Last year’s classic car show unfortunately could not take place due to the coronavirus pandemic, so organizer Vic Gallucci is doubly keen to ensure that this year’s event features a range very special of vehicles.

He is also keen to reassure people that the show will be as safe as possible against Covid-19 and he obviously reserves the right to cancel the show at short notice if the restrictions on Covid-19 change.

Vic said the extravagance is now fully reserved for show vehicles.

He asks that if there are exhibitors who are already registered and they are unable to attend, please, could they contact him so that he can redistribute their space.

Click here to visit Extravagance’s Facebook page for the latest updates.

Source link

Leave a Reply